My Adventure in Mommyhood

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Odds, or why I enter blog contests.

The odds of winning the grand prize in the Publishers Clearing House drawing are 1,750,000 to one. (That's right - billion.)


In the current sweep that Cabela's is running, you can enter four times a day. If you do that, one could enter around 1,400 times before the sweep closes next January. 


Cabela's is giving away pickup trucks with a total value of 1.5 million dollars. Plus the cost of other things they are giving as 'consolation' prizes.


I don't want to even think about the odds of winning most commercial sweeps.


The person that got me into this only enters commercial sweeps. Never blogs. Against odds of thousands to one. And they only get to enter these sweeps once.


They have won big - a trip to somewhere - but the frequency of winning is much lower than when I enter blog giveaways. I win, relatively, small things. And I enjoy reading the blogs as bonus.


Two different approaches to sweeping...

No comments:

Post a Comment