My Adventure in Mommyhood

Friday, May 13, 2011

What is it?

I posted about the wonderful set of Pyrex cookware that I won in a sweep from ValPak.com.


When I was going through the dishes, I came upon this:


The measuring spoons and the whisk I immediately recognized. The thing on the right side of the picture took a little time before I realized it was a can opener, (very appropriate for a guy who eats out of cans a lot). 

But the object in the middle stumped me.

One of my friends, who is an accomplished cook, told me it is a salad spinner. You put your lettuce, or other things, it and it removes the water from whatever you have put in there.

They didn't teach me about this stuff in college...

Update: I just figured it out, today. You pump the handle on the top and it spins the inside. I would assume your salad goes in there wet, gets spun around and comes out dry. Cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment