My Adventure in Mommyhood

Friday, June 3, 2011

5 Question Friday


1. If you had to choose, how would you prefer to choose to spend money...on landscaping or a pool?

Neither. It gets to be -50 here in the winter. We get up to a foot of snow in one day. Pool would be impractical. There are lots of swimming opportunities in the two rivers in the area.

Landscaping isn't a priority. Every spring I go after my yard with a weed eater. After that, I spray everything with Round Up. And, VIOLA... No yard work for the rest of the summer.

Growing up on a walnut ranch meant I was held captive to the care and nurture of acres of walnut trees. I don't do yard work anymore...

Rather spend the money on travel and photography...

2. (Scott likes to get things stirred up...) Death penalty, yayor nay?

You don't reduce violence in society by visiting violence on another. There is just too much uncertainty about REAL guilt. You can let someone wrongly convicted out of jail. After you've killed someone, it is kind of hard to do anything to remedy the wrong suffered by the innocent individual.

3. What's the worst thing your kid has gotten into when you turned your back/blogged/showered/blinked?

No kids. Dogs, yes. It is amazing how dogs seem to find the absolute worst things to chew on. They don't care how much it will cost to fix or replace. They completely ignore your emotional attachment to objects.

That said, one time I came home and the backdoor was open. The dogs had removed EVERYTHING from my bedroom that wasn't tied down. And then, they ate a $80 remote control...

4. How often do you REALLY go to the dentist?

When I can afford it. Which isn't often.

5. What is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be a pet-type animal)?

I tend to favor marsupials and monotremes. That's Koala Bears and Duckbilled Platypuses. (I used live in Australia.)

In college, on a biology test, one of the questions was to name the three types of mammals-placental, (like humans); marsupials; and monotremes. I couldn't remember placental. But, I got monotremes... The platypus apparently made an impression...

1 comment:

  1. Koalas are NOT bears! But I'll forgive you this time because you also like the platypus!

    ReplyDelete