My Adventure in Mommyhood

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

House Drags

I know this isn't Wordless Wednesday. 

And I know nobody around here would even give this a second look.

When I lived on the coast, people never moved houses. It wasn't practical. You have to get all kinds of permits. You have to do it in the middle of the night. You have to pay for extra cops while you move it. Yada Yada...

Here it is a different story. You just get your friend and his tractor to help. Then you attach a chain between the house and the tractor. And start dragging it - NO wheels involved. Then when the chain comes loose, you stop in front of my house to fix it.

The road is half blocked and nobody really cares...

Then when the chain is attached, you drag on....

Image copyright 2011 - 3-7-77 Photograpy

I would like to say this almost never happens. But, it does, at least a couple times each summer...


No comments:

Post a Comment