My Adventure in Mommyhood

Friday, July 8, 2011

Five Question Friday...

1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)

Cursive writing is not overrated.

I think I was born with a fountain pen in my hand... LOL I hate writing with ballpoint pens, roller ball pens or felt-tip pens.

I own several 'high end' fountain pens, (read $100-$550), that I use exclusively.

That said, as I spend more and more time on a keyboard, (Hear that Monte Blanc? Start making a keyboard), I am watching my ability to produce legible cursive writing slowly disappear. It really annoys me.

Two of my Shaeffer Legacy pens, ($250, not the cheaper Legacy II produced after BIC bought out Schaeffer), need to go into the shop for work on them.  (You buy a Porsche and you need to do maintenance) So, my cursive is going to suffer more.

Trivia - High end fountain pens have gold nibs. When a person writes with them, the gold wears in a manner that is particular to that user. If another person uses the pen enough, the gold nib will wear in a different manner and ruin the pen.

So, if you ask to use someone's fountain pen, don't take offense if they refuse...

2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?

I don't even wear a watch anymore. And I don't even have a cell phone. Between an iPad; iPod Touch; 2 MacBook Pros; HP Windows 7 laptop; and an iMac all I have to do is look up and see what time it is.

I look to an iPod Touch and/or iPad every morning to see what time it is... LOL

I am REALLY terrible using any type of 'list' to remember things. I seldom write things down. Good thing I like driving, because I usually remember what I forgot about the time I pull into my driveway... LOL

3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)


a) The DVDs and HDs that contain my photographs.
b) The shotgun my father gave me when I was 15.
c)  My Blu-Ray copy of Jim Belushi in "Red Heat" and special collector's edition of Tremors...

4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?


Country, without a doubt. Being around large numbers of people makes me really uncomfortable.

5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?

I submitted a 'pitch' letter to be on a reality show about sweepers. Apparently, they were looking for someone more of the 'lock you in a house down the Jersey Shore with large amounts of booze and several crazy persons" because I never got a call back after the first interview.

Other than that, believe it or not, I have never seen a reality show...

No comments:

Post a Comment