My Adventure in Mommyhood

Friday, July 29, 2011


1. Vow renewal ceremonies-yay or nay?

Hmm, since I have no vows to renew, I would prefer that my friends have really big parties when they do this. Breaks up the monotony of living in a small town.

2. What sound/s annoy you the most?

You know that sound of rending metal you get when you hit another car?

When I am chewing food or gum, my teeth will come together in this kind of high pitch 'screeching' sound. Skeeves me and drives me crazy.

3. If you had to pick, would you have only all boys, or only all girls for kids?

Since I cannot have kids, the question is mute for me.

However, give a choice of Golden Retrievers, I will take one of each. (I know my dogs aren't the same as kids. Picking their gender is a lot easier.)

4. Do you believe in alternative medicine?

I believe, firmly, in allopathic medicine. I practiced it for nearly 30 years as an allied health professional.

The one 'alternative' treatment that I am a big fan of is acupuncture. It has worked for me when nothing else did.

5. Would you take a family member's children and raise them if they needed it?

Proabably. I have a grand niece who I would take in a flash, if her father and/or my sister couldn't raise her. She's smart, but sullen, as all teenagers are.

There is nothing that comes before family.

2 comments:

  1. Your answers are pure honesty, which I love, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i appreciate your honesty as well. having lots of kids, i just don't think about NOT having them around or not thinking about what i would prefer... thank you for the perspective.

    ReplyDelete