My Adventure in Mommyhood

Friday, September 9, 2011

#FQF #Five Question Friday


1. What ringtone do you have on your cell phone?
None. I am one of those luddites who doesn't have a cell phone. Don't mean to sound smug, but I really don't need one and choose not to be chained to a smart phone and the accompanying $80/month bill… 

Besides, I really dislike phones in general.
2. What is your favorite memory from this summer?
Picking my way down the Al Gay ATV Trail in the Paiute Mountains in Utah. It was memorable, because it was a downhill, semi-controlled crash all the way down…
3. Paper books or ebooks?
Good question. Some books are better on paper-for several reasons. Not the least of which is cost. A copy of Steinbeck's Sweet Thursday is $12 in the iBook store. For a book that is not very long. No thanks. (Interestingly, Cannery Row, the first of the two book series - and about the same number of pages - cost $8.)

Paper books last forever. Ebooks only last until the compatible device dies.

Buying ebooks is best when I am reading something on the web and a book is mentioned. If it sounds interesting, I can check it out, download a preview and then buy either online or at Barnes & Noble when I go to town.

I really have no preference for ebooks vs. 'real' books as far as reading them is concerned. 
4. If you could have one home upgrade what would it be and why?
Replace the carpet with hardwood floors. Carpets are really marginal with two dogs. Especially in the winter. I have this illusion, (and please don't' spoil it for me), hardwood floors would be easier to maintain.
5. When was your first serious boyfriend/girlfriend?
I wasn't too serious in high school. I didn't date a lot.

I would say when I was 23.

The relationship lasted a couple of years, then we just drifted apart...

No comments:

Post a Comment