My Adventure in Mommyhood

Friday, October 21, 2011

Five Question Friday #FF #FQF

I haven't done a 'Five Question Friday' in awhile, so here goes...


1. Where do you escape to when you've had enough?

Interesting question. Since I live alone, I usually just go home and chill out on the couch with my dogs and watch DVDs I've watch a hundred times before... Sort of zoning out...

2. What shows are you watching this fall?

Here is my opportunity to let people know how 'superior' I am by not having cable or broadcast TV .....  (ha ha ha ha)...

I do have Netflix; which is like broadcast TV, without commercials, thirty to twenty years ago. 

Right now, I am working on the whole Law & Order series, (the original and the best). I started with episode one and just finished the season that featured George Dzunda as Sgt. Max Greavy. One of the things I have always enjoyed about the Law & Order is the writing. Unfortunately, the writing during the first season was terrible. Greavy just comes off as preachy. (Bleh...).

Mike Logan, (Chris Noth), is one of the most sympathetic and realistic cop characters on TV. I don't think that Law & Order hit its stride until Jerry Orbach joined the cast with Chris Noth. After Orbach left, the show went slowly downhill until it slid into oblivion.

The most noticeble thing in these early episodes is the blatant sexism. I found myself being offended at the way the series shows women - The Greavy character is not just sexist, he is militantly sexist. 

Other than Law & Order, I watch documentaries. 

3. What was the longest roadtrip you've ever taken and where did you go?

From the Riverina in Central New South Wales, up the King's Highway to Cairns in North Queensland on the east coast of Australia. About 10,000 miles round trip, I think. Part of it on the fringes of Cyclone Tracy, (hurricanes in the southern hemisphere are called cyclones). It rained so much that we joked we had to hold our breath to keep from drowning. 

It was a great trip and one I will never forget... 

4. Do you plan on taking your kids to Disney World?

Probably not. They don't allow dogs at Disney World. I am pretty sure the kids wouldn't like Space Mountain.

Not to sound too cliche, but I think Disney World is an east coast thing. I grew up on the west coast and we went to Disney Land. Not a destination resort, but a great experience. 

5. What is something people would surprised to know about you?

That I ride my ATV deep into the mountains by myself and never tell anyone where I am going. I seem like such a responsible person... (ha ha ha)

If I got lost where I ride I wouldn't be found until after the snow melted the next spring. I don't tell anyone when I hike into the Bob Marshal Wilderness Complex - 900,000 acres of pristine wilderness - either. Makes it more exciting... LOL

I know, you never would have thought I was such a libertine...

No comments:

Post a Comment