My Adventure in Mommyhood

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving


In a couple of days, it will be Thanksgiving. I would like to share what I am thankful for this year...
My family. Our relationship seems to be growing and growing.
My dogs. They are like my kids. Except kids won’t eat dog food.
My home. I’ve always wanted to live in a log home. I got the chance in 2004 and have been living here, happily, ever since.
My friends. Supportive. And great to argue politics with. One of them is even a gunsmith.
That my next door neighbor has enough firewood to last for the winter. Due to his disability, energy costs impact him disproportionately and a wood stove is the best way for him to have heat. (He was an Army Ranger who served three tours in Vietnam and came home disabled.)
I am thankful for the town I live in. Nestled up against the continental divide  in the middle of a national forest in the Northern Rockies, it is the perfect size for me - a town where everybody knows everybody else, but there isn’t much traffic...
I am thankful for the Bob Marshall Wilderness Complex. I can be out my door and half an hour later, (most of it trying to get my gear together), I can be in 900,000 acres of pristine wilderness . With Grizzly Bears!
I am thankful for Brian Schweitzer, the governor of Montana. He has striven to implement the will of the people over the special interests and polarized politics in Helena. I am thankful for his border collie - Zag - who is the First Dog of Montana and often goes to the capitol with the governor. Every state should have a “First Dog.”


And I am really thankful for the guy that pulled me out of the snowbank up on the Fleischer Pass Road on Thursday. I would have a very uncomfortable wait for a tow truck. Sorry, I broke your winch rope. 
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. So many wonderful things to be thankful for. Where you live sounds amazing! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most heartfelt thankful list I have read on a blog. You are so sweet and sincere :-)

    ReplyDelete