My Adventure in Mommyhood

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas is for the Dogs #Wordless Wednesday

We are a dog family. There are six dogs wandering around here this week.  Here's how they celebrated Christmas...


'doon:
I am not too impressed, give me my bunny and I'll be fine.


Party is over. It's back to the couch for Harlie, America's Wonder Dog.


Jessie, who sometimes gets lost in the crowd...


Harlie, America's Wonder Dog
Doing what she does best, being the center of attention.


The rats made an appearance, too...

(The black one is Vader - "Luke, I'm your father..." and the light colored one is Pumpkin)


My grandniece with her dog Benji


Wheezer the wonder dog. Being embarrassed by the bow...

Somehow, I managed to miss Sam, the Chihuahua...

All the canine and human inhabitants wish you a 

Happy New Year!

All the dogs we have are rescue dogs. With the exception of 'doon, who I bought from a reputable breeder.


One way or the other, these dogs were abandoned by the their former owners. Several were physically or emotionally abused. All of them, with love, have recovered.


All of them have reached their forever homes with us.


If you are thinking of getting a dog, get a rescue dog. They will love you forever for it. And so will I...


If you need help finding a rescue group you can work with in your area, drop me an email. I will help you find one...

11 comments:

  1. Check out the Sheila's wonder Golden Boy over at Aberrant Art

    http://shewriting.wordpress.com/2011/12/22/baby-boy/

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Don't you wish we could celebrate Christmas like that? In the prone position, from the couch?! Happy New Year! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, just love that you said dog had been embarrassed by the bow! We had our two with Santa bandanna's, lol.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to lounge around like that on christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Happy WW!!
    http://www.nycsinglemom.com/2011/12/27/two-justin-biebers-for-christmas/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everybody! Thanks for giving those dogs and rats wonderful forever homes. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I love animals! They had a nice Christmas, huh? Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos of the pooches - especially the ones of Harlie (reminds me of my late golden retriever, Tess) Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pics! Happy WW!

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. precious animals! thanks for the visit to my blog and thanks to MTgunfighter for recommending my blog to you.

    ReplyDelete