My Adventure in Mommyhood

Thursday, January 19, 2012

The first (major) snowfall of the winter

It's been snowing for about 40 hours straight. 


I was busy spreading the 'news' about SOPA/PIPA today when I realized I needed to go out to the store, before they sold out of everything, (where I live is very isolated). So, I headed out the door to this:


Well, actually, this is after I dug out. There was about 3 feet of snow on the windshield and the hood when I came out. I was standing in snow up to my knees trying to push the snow off my windshield and the roof of my truck. I had to clear the back window, which is rare, which was difficult because the back of the truck was full of snow, (that's rare, too).

Then I put it in 4WD and tried to get out of my driveway. That took about  10 minutes. By the time I got out, the eau de clutch was strong.

The snow plow had been by my house, once, in the last two days and the snow was still about a foot deep on the road.

Getting back into my driveway was even more difficult. When there is snow, I park at the end of my driveway so I can get out easier. Backing in was a pain - see that tree on the right side of the picture? No matter what I did, my pickup slid towards it. (It's beautiful tree, but I'd like to strangle the person who put it at the end of my driveway. LOL) Back and back and forth. Eau de clutch was getting stronger. 

After about 15 minutes of back and forth, I finally got to were I wanted to be.

And all I got front the store was a box of frozen 'fried' chicken and a bag of frosted flakes...

Oh, and it is still snowing...

No comments:

Post a Comment